Get paid to watch Derry Girls – MoneyMagpie
Did someone say dream job? No, this is not a joke. You could become a Derry Girls critic from the comfort of your own home. Belfast-based news outlet Meanwhile In Ireland is recruiting one lucky person to watch Derry Girls – and get paid for it!
The official job description is ‘Derry Girls TV Show Critic’ – very fancy. It is a short-term temporary contract, and is open globally – as long as you’re a Derry Girls fan, you can apply!
Meanwhile In Ireland was launched in 2014, and covers everything from Irish pop culture and bizarre news to comedy, travel and satire. The site reaches over half a million viewers per day, with this popular site a great one to add to your CV.
Joining a thriving team, the candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to one of Ireland’s most popular websites.
The iconic series first took to our screens in 2018, with the final series ending in 2022. It follows the lives of four Derry teens and an English boy as they navigate their primitive years. It quickly became a favourite, not only in Ireland but worldwide. Even famous director Martin Scorsese is a fan!
Now, Meanwhile In Ireland are on the lookout for a fan who knows Derry Girls inside and out to creative a definitive ranking of the best Derry Girls episodes. You will be required to analyse every single episode, putting them in order to create the ultimate guide.
If you have previously worked as a critic, or want to kickstart your career, this may be the role for you.
- Short-term temporary contract.
- Expected hours: 4-6 per week.
- Term: 3 weeks.
- Watch and review all Derry Girls episodes.
- The research will include detailed notes on each episode of the series, ranking them accordingly.
The ideal candidate:
- Knowledgeable in TV and film.
- Self-confessed Derry Girls fanatic.
- Analytical and observant.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Confident in working remotely to deadlines.
- Partial to the craic (i.e. an understanding of Irish banter).
- Must be 16 years or older.
- Critic experience (preferable).
- Pay: €15/£13.25 per hour.
- This is a dream job; a once in a lifetime role which is short but unique.
- This will be a remote role; you will not be required to commute, so you can work from anywhere!
- Join a thriving team with an excellent culture.
- Closing date is 10/03/2023
- Interviews start 20/03/2023 (aiming for a 27/03/2023 start date)
- The first stage will be a short assessment
The final stage will be a Zoom interview.
How to apply
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include an up-to-date CV
- Write a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for the role.
- Provide a 300-word summary of your favourite Derry Girls scene and why